27.11.12

Storms

Do you ever wonder how you you can ever make it through the storms of life?  When the clouds part and you can you see the sun?  I often wonder this.  Basically my life is pretty great and drama free, but there have been a few storms in life that have pushed me down and make me question everything.  The things we hold onto because it is comfortable and safe.  I would struggle on and just take everything day to day and wait patiently until the storm subsides.  Then you can look back and be thankful for that time in life that helped you to grow and develop into the person you are today.
  The thing about storms is that you can almost see them coming, but there is nothing that you can really do to stop them.  Its almost like you hold on and just try really hard to make it through.  You can't see past the present.  We are all going through something? I am too.  Its called life.  Choose wisely, seek peace and give love.  Nothing is greater than knowing that you have the strength and power to overcome the storms of life.  Let go of that which doesn't bring out the best in you.  Trust in yourself and the abilities that lie within.  

1 comment:

  1. Again a beautiful post! Love both the words and the photo: the contrast between the strong yellow and the soft grey makes it a very special one.
    I immediately thought of this quote by Jon Kabat-Zinn: 'You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.' and I guess you know it. I only discovered this sentence when starting a course on Mindfulness: one of the best gifts I could treat myself with. It really helped me a lot in the past few years, as a lot has happened. And yes, I feel stronger now as a person, much stronger, because these techniques taught me to live in the moment and to ground.
    Have a peaceful and tranquil weekend!

    ReplyDelete