9.11.12

Joy


Farren
Nellie
joy [joi]

noun 

1. happiness; delight 

2. source of delight - Related Form


When I seen the word joy obviously these two came to mind.  These photo's in particular.  We took the girls to the swings one day and I snapped some photo's of the pure joy and delight that they were having.  It was a day that stands out in my mind because we were living in a place where there was not much to be happy about.  We were living in an isolated community where social interaction was almost frowned upon.  Sadness was written all over the faces of the people that lived there so eventually that rubbed off on me.  We were there for three long months until we decided to come home.  So this day was a very big bright spot and the fact that we captured it was even better. I love the innocence that comes when you see joy on the faces of children.  I am so grateful for the abundance of joy that these two little people have brought into my (our) life.  It is easy for me to forget these moments.  When you can't see past a situation and wondering how you are ever going to get out of it.  I have to constantly remind myself that joy starts from the inside.  I hope that each of you reading this can find joy in even the smallest things.

3 comments:

  1. Somehow I knew that you would talk about your sweet children for the word "JOY", Jesse. :) They are so adorable .... look at those smiles!

    Babies (and even our pets) remind us about the simple beauties and joys in life. Thanks for giving us a peek into your life. xo

    ~ Vicki

    P.S. Can I ask where you and your family were living for those 3 months? So curious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for these beautiful and touching words! Joy indeed starts from the inside, although we humans often don't realize and society often claims something else: that we could find it in material things ... To me, the beauty of simplicity shows us the real art of living. The so called small things are the big things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesse...love the joy on the faces of Nellie and Farren...I can almost hear them squealling with delight. Joy does start inside and shows outside..and I think Joy cant be hidden...was thinking those months you were in a hard community..that it was really a sad place ...if there was joy it would have been seen. You have left such good thought provoking posts..thanks again.

    ReplyDelete