24.10.12

Fashion... Turn to the Left

  fash·ion (fas̸h′ən)

noun

1.the make, form, or shape of a thing
2.Now Rare kind; sort
3.the way in which something is made or done; manner
4.the current style or mode of dress, speech, conduct, etc.
5.something, esp. a garment, in the current style
6.fashionable people as a group: a man of fashion


Captured: Everyday style.
  As I sit here and try to figure out what fashion means to me, I have the David Bowie song Fashion stuck in my head. Here is the song and video for those of you who don't know it.  I have to say that I have a soft spot for fashion.  If I see a lady on the street or in a store or out in public and I like something she is wearing I always comment on it.  For one, its always an opportunity to get to know someone and secondly it makes that person feel noticed and appreciated (usually).  I maybe am not a trend setter or even really know what is the " In" thing this season, but I think fashion is just a way of outwardly expressing who we are.  Style and fashion are so closely related, they are always changing and evolving.  Style is the way you interpret fashion and make it your own.  I always appreciate someone with their own style and something a little bit different.  I've always tried to define my style, but I simply do not fall into any one category.  Here is a link to my friend Jessica's lifestyle blog ( she is the sweetest girl I know, seriously), she took some photo's of me when I was pregnant (about  7 months here).  It actually captures the essence of my style, just in a larger version.
    

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE your style, Jesse! I like how you mix up your patterns and colors and you look beautiful! I'm going to go listen to the song you mentioned.

    Great work on this exercise ... very creative, thorough, and thought through. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Jesse :)

    "I think fashion is just a way of outwardly expressing who we are" - couldn't agree more! Your article sums up perfectly how I think of fashion.

    Hehe I love the pregnancy shoot, the photos are full of character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have a really authentic style and that you love accessorizing (so do I :))
    Wonderful to see this colourful pregnancy photos and that somebody captured this stage of life for you. It will be so great for later: then your children can see their mummy, being happy because they were on their way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jesse, I love these photos of you!! Not only are you beautiful, your personality really shines through. I haven't met you in person but I can imagine your fun, quirky, upbeat side! Your girls must have a ball with you around. Your bright colours match your bright personality!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! I really appreciate all the feedback! Makes my heart warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jesse..your post on fashion is so you ...it is not only during your pregancey that you dressed with such flare but its every day ...even ordinary days at home! I can never quite wait to see what you are wearing today! (This post is by BevCampbell 2012 but it will show somethig different.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great style, Jesse :) And great job on your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that fashion is an outward expression of who you are. I loved you article!

    And the photos of you on your friend's blog are so great! You can actually see your bubbly personality coming through in the photos! :)

    ReplyDelete