13.5.13

Canadian Singer Songwriters

Day 5 - Gratitude

Canadian Singer Songwriters

Ok... so I just about gave up on this thing, but I'm not going to.  

Today I am just really grateful for music.  Specifically Canadian music.  I have been on YouTube most of the morning just enjoying everything from The Guess Who to Kathleen Edwards.  We are so richly diverse in this country when it comes to music.  Until you take the time to actually take the time to discover it you never will.  It is not your pre-packaged, mass media produced, world famous artists that I am speaking of.  It is the ones you know worked their asses off to make it (in Canada) and who write lyrics that have Canadian content... seriously love it.  

If you don't know about these following artists please check them out.  Just a few of my favorites:

Hannah Gorges
Kathleen Edwards
Bahamas
Ron Sexsmith
Zeus
Whitehorse
Dan Mangan

Enjoy!

Thank you CBC for promoting amazing Canadian talent!

No comments:

Post a Comment