29.4.13

Gratitude

grat·i·tude  

/ˈgratəˌt(y)o͞od/
Noun
The quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
Synonyms
gratefulness - thankfulness - thanks - appreciation

Ever have moments when you feel overwhelmed with thankfulness in your heart.  I feel the last year of my life has been a lot like a tornado.  I am a different person because of it.  Experiences have moulded me into the lady I am right now in this moment, and I am thankful for that.  Now I am on the other side of it with a different focus and perspective.  I tried to rationalize (the last year) and just think about the silver linings in each tough situation.  To my surprise there always is one.  In every hard situation and moment you find yourself involved in, look for them.  The silver linings are there.  

Starting today I am going to do 30 days of gratitude.  Just like the definition states, its the quality of being thankful.  A good friend of mine is doing this and it has motivated me to start.  On a new path.  There is always a calm before the storm, once you are through the storm and on the other side there is a freshness that cleanses us.  Feeling thankful for even the smallest details in life help you to keep a positive outlook.  

I hope that by doing this little project it will help me to keep this positivity flowing and that in turn maybe I can be a help to others.  


No comments:

Post a Comment