30.4.13

Express Yourself.... You've Got to Make It

Day 2 - Gratitude

Self Expression

Today I feel ever grateful for the opportunity of self expression.  The fact that we live in a world where really anything goes and I love that.  I love that you can express yourself in so many ways now.  With the world so interconnected like never before people are finding more and more ways to really express themselves.  

The thing in life that I struggle with the most is finding how to truly evoke who I am.  I feel layered with a spectrum of interests ranging from sports to writing and music to cooking.  So how do you narrow it down?  Do you bite it all off?  Put one interest aside to learn something new?  I often find myself super enthusiastic in the beginning and soon the allure wears off.  Not following through and self sabotaging.  

The next month or so I am going to learn to read music.  To play music.  Its something that lives deep inside of me that I have tried to ignore but can't.  I was an athlete my entire life.  I can compete at any sport I try which is great, but I long to tap into that lingering creative side of me.  Sometimes you need to learn something just for yourself.  To not be asked questions or if there is any other motive other than to just learn.  This is how I feel.  This is where I am.  This is who I am.  Through it all you will have people who might not encourage you, but on the other hand you will meet people who will change you and encourage new growth.  

So today I am thankful for the opportunities to learn to express myself.  Through the spectrum of all of my interests.  

No comments:

Post a Comment